The Awana club for children in kindergarten through second grade builds on the material taught in our preschool clubs. The curriculum takes kids a step deeper into God's Word while giving unsaved boys and girls regular opportunities to hear the gospel and come to faith in Jesus Christ. Sparks club meetings combine learning with fun to create an atmosphere of irresistible excitement. We have many fun-filled activities planned for special ‘theme’ nights throughout the year. Our clubbers enjoy annually participating in the Awana Grand Prix (held in the Gym here at Cornerstone Baptist Church), as well as the Sparks-A-Rama (off-site where we compete against other local churches).
A regular night of Sparks consists of:
- In the opening ceremony we say pledges, share announcements on upcoming events, and dismiss in prayer.
- Small group interaction and completion of Bible-based lessons. Sparks has an increased emphasis on Scripture memory over our preschool materials.
- In three years, a child will learn and review over 65 verses, many of which cover salvation and key Christian doctrine, establishing a foundation of biblical wisdom.
- Sparky, the friendly firefly, shares his many exciting adventures with clubbers during Large Group Time. There are loud and exciting songs, worship, and a clear and consistent presentation of the Gospel message.
- Clubbers can enjoy age-appropriate games on the Awana game circle; many of which are played in the Sparks-A-Rama. At the end of the night there is an Award Presentation.